Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Five Months and I'm Petrified

Savor the Days

I remember when I got my acceptance letter. After running around my older sister's basement in an ecstatic fit of glee, I calmed down and relished the stress-free months that laid ahead. It's hard to believe that I've already burned 4 of those months down, with only 5 left (less than that before I move to the city where my school is).

I've been so settled into my newfound state of "post-accepted senior" that I've forgotten what it is like to put in a hard day of studying. I live in an on-campus apartment with 2 other fine gentlemen (intended to be a six-person apartment; we have 3 now, had 4 last semester). One of them is a post-accepted Pre-Dental senior and the other is a non-traditional Pre-Med junior studying his butt off for the MCAT in May.

There is something liberating about having time left before the storm. My last months as a truly lay person. Go do what you want to do; travel, see friends and family, live, rave, visit Greece, heck I don't care. But live while you still can! I'm petrified about starting in a measly 5 months. I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to adjust. In the meantime, I plan on shadowing a few Emergency Physicians, finishing up my undergraduate research involvement (finally), having as much fun as possible, and getting everything ready for the big move.

No comments: