Sunday, August 12, 2007

Anxious

Whenever I go through a huge change or my mind is reeling 10x faster than normal, I tend to have to write to keep things from getting out of control. It is partially therapeutic and it helps other people know what is going on with me. Case-in-point, I began my LJ when I began college back in fall of 2003. Wow...forever ago!

And here I am on the eve of my very first true day of medical school, writing again. I had two days of orientation, yes, but tomorrow is the official, actual first day when the material starts hitting me from all sides! I plan on starting on the right foot, on hitting the ground running so I don't fall behind from the get-go. Daily discipline is how I plan on attacking things; forming solid study-habits early on and keeping up as best I can.

I feel strangely ready and confident, having had practically a year of almost no academic commitments. I have no excuse not to be ready after the huge break I've had. Yet, you slip all too easily into routines, and it will take effort to get my brain churning again. Tomorrow I have some things to do for the school, like some CPR-training (who knows why...), fit-testing (for these M95 masks...), and first anatomy lecture/lab. Eh, it'll go, I'm sure.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: