Thursday, August 9, 2007

Confucius

A journey of a thousand miles begins with...a single step. Well, no doubt about that; no way to get around the fact that everyone has to start somewhere, even the most arrogant, high-up guy or gal out there.

I have my orientation tomorrow - the day I consider to be the first day of actual medical school and the end of summer as I know it. We get ID cards, meet professors, meet each other (choke me now), and go through all the cute little motions you have to go through. Saturday is a few more activities (breakfast, tours) and then the initiation ceremony (white-coat). Then I have Sunday off before starting Monday. I'm petrified!

It all begins soon. It's all-or-nothing now. I plan to work very, very hard, but do not plan to be a gunner. I will balance myself and still enjoy life. Here goes...I'll keep you updated.

No comments: